terça-feira, 1 de novembro de 2011

OVERDOSE - Fred Coury - Part 4

Entrevista
Interview
Entrevista

From http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/9672554-exclusive-interview-with-frede-coury-drummer-for-iconic-80s-band-cinderella

Hard rock icons Cinderella are backwith the all original line-up of TomKeifer (vocals, guitar), EricBrittingham (bass), Jeff LaBar(guitar) and Fred Coury (drums).The band is on the road for a Summertour across the United States andCanada. This Summertour marks the return of Cinderella after a four year hiatus from the road.The band will be tearing through a set spanning all four of their records including their biggest hits.
From somewhere in America, Cinderella drummer, Fred Coury speaks exclusively to Bill Hernandez of AllVoices.com from the comfort of his tour bus.
Q: How is this leg of the tour going so far?

Great! It is going really well.

Q: You sound all jacked-up, full of energy.

I am. I have been on this bus for a day-and-a-half. looking forward to getting to the next show.

Q: As a musician, are you self taught?

I took five years of violin lessons, but as a drummer I am self-taught.

Q: If you weren't in a band, what do you think you might be doing to make a living?

Composing. Something to do with music.

Q: I hear you have an interest in tornadoes.

Yeah, I do. I love tornadoes! In fact, the weather we are in right now looks like tornado weather.

Q: Have you ever been on a chase before.

Oh yeah. several.

Q: Do you see any major changes in the music industry since the 80's?

The music business as we once knew it is gone, but I’m busier than ever. There are so many new avenues to explore. Television, film, etc. This is now a “singles based business” not unlike the 50’s and 60’s. Small studios are now competing with the big ones and turning out the same sonic quality. With that, small studio’s are working very quickly, so the days of taking a week to get sounds for a record are over. I have requests from TV networks for music to be written, recorded and fully produced in 1 day. In this day and age, to compete, your work has to sound incredible and have a very quick turn-around time.

Q: here do you see yourself in 15 or 20 years? Do you want to still be playing live gigs, working in the studio as a producer and engineer or doing something completely different?

I love music. That’s all I’ve ever known and all I’ve ever done! Wherever God wants me to be in 15 or 20 years, I’ll be there. (I sure do hope it’s still in music in some way, shape or form though!)

Q: For all of those bands looking to get out of the garage, sign a record deal, and tour the world, what is on piece of advice you would give them?

Do it yourself. Record your music and get it up on I-Tunes.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário